The Hub is an ongoing working project, with content being updated whenever new resources are submitted. Our hope is to receive enough varied content to cover all of the UK’s 9 protected characteristics within the Equality Act 2010.
Discrimination means treating you unfairly because of who you are. The Equality Act 2010 protects you from discrimination by:
- Businesses and organisations which provide goods or services like banks, shops and utility companies
- Health and care providers like hospitals and care homes
- Someone you rent or buy a property from like housing associations and estate agents
- Schools, colleges and other education providers
- Transport services like buses, trains and taxis
- Public bodies like government departments and local authorities.