Events Administrator - ESSA
- Closing date: 31-Aug-2021
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: An
- Location: Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire (Flexible/Remote working considered)
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.essa.uk.com
The Events Industry Alliance (EIA) is a dynamic organisation serving organisers, venues and contractors in the exhibition & events industry. Its role, through three trade bodies the Association of Event Organisers (AEO), the Association of Event Venues (AEV) and the Event Suppliers & Services Association (ESSA), is to promote exhibitions and events as a medium, raise standards, provide research and train the exhibition and events industry, as well as bring the industry together through networking events.
THIS ROLE IS SPECIFIC TO ESSA, THE TRADE ASSOCIATION FOR SUPPLIERS OF GOODS AND SERVICES TO THE EVENTS INDUSTRY IN THE UK.
Main duties will involve supporting the association in all administration aspects to include but not limited to:
- Diary invites/scheduling
- Venue finding
- Supporting content curation
- Event marketing/promotion/PR
- updating event budgets
- responding to day-to-day customer queries where relevant
- completing supplier forms
- creating and maintaining database delegate registration systems
- updating reports as required
- Supporting with the production of event materials to include event programme books and delegate badges.
- Supporting event sponsorship in all administration aspects to include but not limited to:
- processing orders
- Handling delegate speakers, staff, officers, exhibitors and all suppliers in a professional manner
- Communicating with internal and external clients as needed and ensuring that an exceptional level of service is delivered.
- Attending onsite as required.
- Experience of running events
- A highly organised individual who has the ability to positively react to pressure and can actively manage / prioritise conflicting tasks.
- Excellent teamwork skills, an individual with a 'can do' attitude and the will to go the extra mile to help others.
- Excellent administration and organisation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Very good time management skills and demonstrative ability to multi task and prioritise workload.
- Very good interpersonal skills, in terms of dealing with clients, staff and suppliers.
- Very good IT skills (Microsoft Office).
- Ability to work away from home on occasion when events/meetings require it.