Sales Executive Grandstand Group
- Closing date: 30-Sep-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Alice Bell
- Location: Grandstand Group, Stoneleigh Park
- Company name: NAEC Stoneleigh
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.naecstoneleigh.co.uk/Contact_Us/Career
The Grandstand Group is both an event organiser and venue management business located at Stoneleigh Park in Warwickshire. We are urgently seeking an experienced sales executive to join our team to secure and manage stand bookings for two leading trade events taking place in May 2020 – the British Pig & Poultry Fair and Grassland & Muck event.
This is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking events company, who both organise and host a range of leading events. The ideal candidate will have experience of sales and client relationship management in a B2B marketplace, with an excellent telephone manner and strong administration skills. They will be self-motivated, have a can-do attitude and work well as part of a small team. Exhibition stand sales and agricultural knowledge is desirable.
This is a great chance to join an experienced events team with the potential for varied sales experience and personal growth within our group.
- Actively promote and sell exhibition space and value-added sponsorship opportunities to new and existing clients
- Conduct telephone sales campaigns to rebooking/lapsed customers and new prospects
- Source and build a database of new sales prospects
- Keep abreast of market developments and identifying and researching new growth areas for sales
- Pipeline management and following up effectively on new prospects and sales leads
- Develop a keen understanding of the relevant event sector
- Build and maintain all existing relationships to ensure growth in space/and or revenue is achieved.
- Maintain accurate and up to date sales database and provide regular revenue vs target reports as required
- Floor plan management and allocation of stand space in conjunction with the Event Manager
- Manage all contract deliverables including payment and contracts
- Regular reconciliation of sales with the accounts department
- Work with Marketing to identify marketing tools required to realise the sales campaign and achieve income targets.
- Manage exhibitor relationships in the run up to and at the events
- Liaise with exhibitors to ensure all paperwork, health and safety forms, invoices etc are in order prior to the exhibitor arriving at the event
- Work on site during the build-up of the events, event days and during the break-down of the events, liaising with exhibitors face to face.
- Carry out general office duties efficiently, i.e. letter writing, producing mailings and database management.
- Attend competitor events thereby maintaining relationships, expanding the database and prospecting for new business
- Build knowledge of the industry sectors in order to capitalise on opportunities
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times have a proactive approach
- A highly motivated sales professional who can drive and deliver the sales campaign
- Excellent telesales skills and telephone manner
- Demonstrable sales experience, ideally from the exhibition industry or from a business to business environment
- Proven history of building and managing customer relations
- Ability to work alone and be self-motivated
- Experience of maintaining a database of existing and potential clients
- Experience of reporting sales figures and understanding revenue streams
- Diplomacy and tact
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexible approach to work – some weekend work will be required
- Working calmly under pressure with attention to detail
- Computer literate – Microsoft packages, Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point etc
- Exhibition stand sales experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the agricultural sector
WHAT WE OFFER
- Full time permanent contract
- Office based at Stoneleigh Park
- Monday to Friday inclusive. 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. Some flexibility or reduced hours may be considered.
- Some weekend work and additional hours will be required in the run up to and during events.
- 20 days pro rata plus bank holidays
- Salary £24,000 to £26,000 plus bonus depending on experience
Please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org