Senior PR & Communications Manager
- Closing date: 31-Jul-2019
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Lucy Merritt
- Location: ExCeL London
- Company name: ExCeL London
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7069 4781
- Website: https://www.excel.london/
Purpose of the Role
Be an integral part of the vibrant and dynamic world of ExCeL London, the largest and most successful events venue in the Capital. Communications are at the forefront of our vision to engage with our staff and deliver great guest experiences for everyone who visits our venue.
The role of the Senior PR & Communications Manager will be to drive engaging, consistent, informative and relevant content to both internal and external audiences including, our internal teams, customers (event organisers), exhibitors, visitors, and key stakeholders.
- Alongside HR and Marketing, develop the vision and content for all internal staff communications.
- Manage the communications plan for ExCeL’s internal engagement programme ‘Good to Great’.
- Develop, launch and maintain a new internal communications platform, generating highly engaging content.
- Work with the Head of Marketing & Communications to deliver a quarterly newsletter on behalf of ExCeL’s CEO.
- Work with the leadership team to prepare all content for team gatherings and Town Halls.
- Oversee the content, design and issue of the ‘Our Highlights’ poster, each month.
External PR communications:
- Manage ExCeL’s presence on social media, across Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram, ensuring there is a highly engaging content plan, relevant for each audience.
- Deliver ExCeL’s PR strategy with industry and trade press, in the UK, Europe and US.
- Work with our owners, ADNEC, to ensure we share their key messages via our channels, including social media and external communications.
- Communicate key messages effectively with external audiences, using a variety of
tactics, including client and guest HTMLs.
- Manage content for award entries.
Day-to-day management of the Guest Communications Executive:
- Develop key objectives and ensure that day-to-day communications are managed effectively, in line with the ExCeL brand.
- Act as a mentor and coach in terms of generating content and template responses to guest enquiries.
- Act as the deputy marketing representative on the Crisis Management Team, with the ability to cover for the Head of Marketing and Communications, if required.
- Support the crisis communications plan by reviewing and updating documentation on a quarterly basis, ensuring that the plan is always up-to-date and current.
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrate a strategic track record of managing internal and external communications.
- Previous experience of working with with the press and managing media relations.
- Ability to take a strategic approach to developing communications, for maximum impact.
- Experience of Crisis Management.
- Experience of managing internal engagement programmes, including communications tools and technology.
- Able to use Microsoft Office and social platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram to an advanced level.
- Knowledge of Buffer, Hootsuite or similar applications would be useful.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creativity & initiative
- Team focused, with the capability to manage people
- Great organisational skills, with the ability to multitask
- Interpersonal skills
- Adaptability & versatility
Degree education and/or Marketing qualification is desirable but not necessary.