Venue Event Manager
- Closing date: 28-Jul-2021
- Full Time
- Job function:
- Event Management
- Contract type:
- Contact Name: Mike Seaman
- Location: Stoneleigh Park, Kenilworth
- Company name: NAEC Stoneleigh
- Website: https://www.naecstoneleigh.co.uk/
Grandstand Stoneleigh Events manages the NAEC Stoneleigh venue which hosts a diverse range of exhibitions, corporate conferences, national sporting events, and outdoor events. The venue typically services 300 events per year. The Company also provides other in-house services such as hotel accommodation, catering services,security, and transport management.
• To communicate, co-ordinate and attend meetings with customers to participate in the planning, preparation and deliver of their events.
• Provide technical information about the Venue, advice on layout plans and services.
• Ensure procedures and processes are in place to plan, develop and deliver the safe and efficient operation of events including public safety & control, maintaining fire exits and keeping gangways clear of obstruction.
• To be responsible for ensuring that the Health & Safety requirements (including risk assessments) are completed prior to exhibitions, conferences, etc. Always promote compliance with Health & Safety regulations and safe working practices in accordance with current legislation as detailed in the Company Health & Safety Policy & Procedures.
• Always demonstrate an appreciation of potential impacts of any event on the local environment including tenants and residents.
• Liaise with contractors, other labour, event services team, catering department regarding all matters pertaining to furniture requirements and room layouts in preparation for all functions.
• Work effectively and efficiently to meet financial budgets/ targets for income and expenditure.
• Following up with the client post-event and building strong relationships with clients to ensure repeat business.
• To maintain and update all appropriate information in the CRM system and other systems as required.
• Ensure plans are effectively implemented and support is given to colleagues to ensure a high quality, customer focussed service and delivery, including being on duty throughout the event period, as scheduled with other event managers and the support team.
• This role reports directly into the Venue Operation Manager
SKILLS AND EXPIRIENCE
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience and management experience in a similar role ideally from a venue, agency, events background.
• Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven experience of working with a CRM platform. The knowledge of the IVvy CRM system would be an advantage.
• Health and safety experience, with NEBOSH qualification or willingness to train.
• Confident user of the Microsoft Office Suite.
• An enthusiastic and professional approach.
• Ability to challenge ‘the norm’ and implement change.
• Ability to problem solve.
• A proactive approach with the ability to manage day to day without the need for close supervision.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to work well within a team.
• Task driven and deadline focused.
• Financially aware with direct experience of budget control and implementation.
• Flexible approach to work – You will occasionally be required to attend daytime and evening industry events and client meetings with overnight stays away from home from time to time.
You must also have a full UK driving licence and own vehicle.
To apply for this position, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your salary expectations and note period relating to your current employment if applicable.