The NEC20 Feb 2020
- Our sustainability initiative ‘NEC Sustain’ was introduced ten years ago with three key streams; energy, waste and food
- This winter we launched our Prevent campaign with the news we’ve saved almost a billion litres of water via a Ureco and Uretech urinal system
- We’re the partner and chosen venue for this month’s EN cover event ‘One Earth’
- The NEC’s caterer, Amadeus, teamed with food donation scheme, Olio, in July – since then we’ve saved the equivalent of 4110 portions of food (200kg per month) and 122 members of the local community have benefited from the surplus food donated by our Food Waste Heroes.
- Thousands of lanyards are used every year at the venue, so we have recycling points at the end of shows
- We regularly donate surplus items to the local community; some of our office shredded paper is taken to the local Cats Protection League for bedding and following recent refurbishments, old (but usable) carpets were given to a local community centre