Horrible Histories to perform an outdoor festival at Ricoh Arena
Ricoh Arena is gearing up to host its first ever set of drive-in Christmas pantomimes.
CAR PARK PANTO, in partnership with the Birmingham Stage Company and Horrible Histories, will be performing back-to-back outdoor festive shows of HORRIBLE CHRISTMAS in car park A at Ricoh Arena on Tuesday 15th December at 4.30pm and 7pm.
HORRIBLE CHRISTMAS tells the story of how Christmas came to be what it is today in the company of Charles Dickens, Oliver Cromwell, King Henry VI and St Nicholas, as the audience are taken on a hair-raising adventure with a boy who is trying to save Christmas from a jolly man dressed in red.
The socially distanced events will see families watch the performances from the comfort of their own vehicles to abide by government guidelines.
Some of the organisations involved in HORRIBLE CHRISTMAS, such as Coalition Agency, also held similar outdoor comedy, theatre and music shows in the summer, known as CAR PARK PARTY which earned rave reviews, and their latest festive creation is aiming to build on this success.
Neal Foster, a Horrible Histories actor and manager, commented: "We can't wait to be back on stage in cities and towns that are crying out for a Christmas show to entertain their families.Â
â€œAs you'd expect from Horrible Histories, it's not a traditional pantomime, but a journey through the story of Christmas in the company of the season's most fabulous characters. It's the perfect story for families this winter, as one young boy battles to save Christmas for the world, in this hilarious, joyous and moving celebration.â€'Â
Paul Michael, Commercial Director at Ricoh Arena, added: â€œAs a leading destination for events, we were determined to think how we could generate some festive cheer creatively and safely, and the HORRIBLE CHRISTMAS pantomime is absolutely ideal.
â€œA similar concept captured the imaginations of families back in the summer and we're expecting more of the same this time, so I'd urge families to book their space as soon as possible.â€'
For more information on tickets visit carparkparty.comÂ
ABOUT CAR PARK PANTO / HORRIBLE HISTORIES
Car Park Panto is brought to you by Birmingham Stage Company and creators of Car Park Party, Coalition Agency.Â CoalitionÂ represent, imagine and deliver dynamic shows, artists and brands all over the world, they are the creative minds behind events including Ministry of Sound Classical.Â
Based on the best-selling books written by Terry Deary and published by Scholastic, The Birmingham Stage Company first launched Horrible Histories live on stage in 2005 with the world premieres of Terrible Tudors & Vile Victorians. Since then the Birmingham Stage Company has produced eighteen different Horrible shows, performing to over three million people in the UK, including the longest running children's show in West End history, with its record-breaking series Barmy Britain. Horrible Histories live on stage has also become a worldwide phenomenon, performing in Hong Kong, Singapore, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, New Zealand and Australia, where it performed in the Concert Hall of the Sydney Opera House.
- We will be adhering to all current Covid-19 social distancing guidelines to ensure everybody has an enjoyable and very safe experience.
- Car Park Panto is an organised gathering whereby we will know in advance those who are attending, enabling contact with attendees before, during and after the event.
- No different from people attending other social-distanced events, our expectation is that people will already be attuned to the measures required.
- We have a traffic management team on site and all vehicles will be parked two metres apart.
- Tickets will be scanned through the windows, so no human contact necessary.
- There will be a range of food and beverage offering available at the event and we will be adhering to all the COVID-19 government guidelines.
- Toilet facilities will be provided with social distancing health and safety management and sanitisation measures in place.